Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shutter Speed and Action Shots




Tonight I experimented with shutter speed and action shots. These photos turned out darker than I expected. I guess maybe it has something to do with the aperture. As far as I know, on my camera, if it is set on shutter priority, I can't adjust the aperture. I also don't really understand how you know what to set the shutter speed on for various movement. I guess it probably takes lots of experimenting. I also tried to do continuous shooting, but I was not able to get that to work. I'll have to work on that some more.

2 comments:

DrW said...

I love what you're doing!

Now try a slower shutter for some action blur and try panning your camera in the direction of the movement.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Ruthie said...

I love your photography! When you are my age, your photos will bring back memories that you have forgotten. Keep it up!