Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Awful Pictures







None of these turned out well. The only reason I am posting them is so that I can get help. It was almost dark, and I wasn't sure what settings to use. I tried a couple of different things, but none of them seemed to work very well. All of the pictures are fuzzy. I tried adjusting the aperture and I tried the P setting. I also tried the night setting for the first time. I did not like what it did. If made the pictures look as if it were daytime. Maybe it was not dark enough yet. In one direction it would look fairly light and in another direction it was darker. Plus, I have never really taken good pictures of buildings, especially when they are sandwiched together. There were other shots that were worse that I did not post. Any suggestions Dr. W? Please help me so that I can take some more and get these off of here!

2 comments:

DrW said...

These are not bad - just a bit dark. I actually like the wheel. Put the camera on a tripod. Use a cable release. Remember you only get light from a flash, the ambient light, or lights in and around the shot. Keep the shutter open long enough to get the light that's there.

southernjoy said...

I don't think they're bad pictures, but I think I understand what you mean. You probably have a certain idea in your head of what you want the pics to look like, and they don't necessarily look like you wanted. That happens to me all the time. I really like the church photo. Neat perspective!